Thursday, July 5, 2007

'I'm always thankful to Dalmiya' - Shoaib Akhtar








Shoaib Akhtar must have been dissapointed for the washed out match against India. He was supposed to make his come back with that. In an in an Asian News International report , he has said that he is thankful to Jagmohan Dalmiya for supporting him when he was going through the chucking controversy. Dalmiya was the president of ICC then.
"The first time, in 1999-2000, was awful. I'm always going to be thankful to Mr. Jagmohan Dalmiya, the then ICC president, for his support."
Shoaib also went on to justify the his position on the doping issue:
My own countrymen shunned me, with some even refusing to look at me. It was a terrible period. Everybody's body mechanism isn't the same and certain levels are higher in my body compared to others. My hormone level fluctuates. I didn't take drugs to enhance my performance. I don't need to. I don't know why I was treated so badly. The test didn't show I was an evil person. I've always been misunderstood. I've never seen myself bigger than the game.


Well, I wonder how Akhtar and Afridi are giving so many interviews when the PCB has clearly asked all the players not to give any public statements and to stay away from the media.

Reference: cricinco.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well dalmiya did many good things and bad things but he always looked after the players one can nevr forget how he supported tendulkar during the ball-tampering controversy and gor the test-match reduced to a non-official one...........the current guys r only intersted in making money:(