Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday game washed off

I have been busy with work for the entire last week. Waited desperately for Sunday to come so that I can catch the India-Bangladesh match on tv and make some entries in this blog. But Alas! the days game has been called off and the match seems to be heading towards a draw.

I want to see India blast some very quick runs in the first session and then get Bangladesh out twice. But then who knows.....we might not have any cricket tomorrow either.

A Bangladeshi friend tells me that the time and the venue are bad. Monsoon is due in Bangladesh and the venue is one where monsoon hits first. If thats true, its the mistake of the organizers. Whats the point in organizing matches when you know that the chances of rain are high?

I am happy to see Sachin and Ganguly get their centuries. Specifically Sachin. Its his opportunity to play freely without pressure and get back to form. I hope to see him hit a few more of those tons in the matches to come against tougher opponents.

No comments: